Outlining my non-research, academic projects as well as hacks here. My research work can be seen here.
Implementation of Machine Learning algorithms and Deep Learning architectures :
- Implemented standard machine learning algorithms like Bayes classifier, Naive Bayes classifier, k-nearest neighbours, Parzen window, k-means clustering, Expectation Maximization etc from scratch.
- Implemented and trained state of the art image classification Neural Network architectures like LeNet, AlexNet, ResNet etc in PyTorch.
- Studied and implemented Generative Models such as Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), Wasserstein GANs, Variational Autoencoders, Gaussian Mixture Models etc.
Simultaneous Perturbation for Stochastic Approximation (SPSA)
- Implemented Wulff et al.’s paper titled “SPSA for Layer-Wise Training of Deep Networks” from scratch.
- Analyzed and compared the convergence and performance of SPSA with other popular algorithms like Adam, RMSprop, SGD etc for optimizing neural networks.
- Designed an algorithm to generate random points over complete area and fine-tuned the boundary of vision.
- Implemented a logarithmic algorithm which converges in 7-8 steps to accurately find visible contrast in RGB.
Stock Prediction using Support Vector Regression
- Used linear, polynomial and radial basis function to implement kernelized learning using Support Vector Regression and experimented with different thresholds.
- Predicted and analysed stock prices by training monthly stock dataset fetched using Yahoo Finance API.
Data structure for Mobile Phone Tracking System
- Implemented a central server consisting of phone exchange nodes at different levels and mobile phones of each exchange.
- Created hierarchical Routing Map Tree Structure using k-ary trees, linked lists, sets etc to solve the mobile phone routing problem.
PS3 controlled Robotic Arm with Gripper
- Designed a robotic arm with 4R-four-bar mechanism having 3 degrees of freedom to grip small objects.
- Programmed Mega ADK to actuate shoulder and arm using servos and turntable base using Stepper motor.